SAFENAMES LIMITED (Computer Software)
Data Centre Technician (Unix/Linux Specialist)
0000 - Present
Install and maintain servers as our customers grow.Respond, action and resolve requests / faults logged both internally and externally.Install and configure switches, servers, routers and network hardware.Senior role in resolving issues with the operating system UNIX and the different distributions branching off from UNIX.
• Support the administration, monitoring, backup/recovery, problem determination and resolution (break/fix), and general technical support, configuration and maintenance of all data center systems such as: Servers, SAN Storage, NAS Storage, Tape Back-up Systems, Operational Tools and similar systems.
• Perform Unix installation and configuration and troubleshoot server OS and hardware issues
• Monitor, report and address capacity planning and load balancing issues.
• Provide backup, restore, and disaster recovery planning and deployment utilizing industry standard toolsets.
• Implement standard new storage technologies (e.g. fiber switches, disk arrays, archiving tools, backup/restore platforms).
• Maintain high level of availability and support in accordance with SLA's managing BGP4 transit back-bones.
• Write technical documentation related to UNIX standards, installation procedures, and support scripts for personnel.
• Works in conjunction with remote Operations teams to provide detection and recovery of system outages, problems, and faults.
• Responsible for ensuring that trouble tickets, daily reports, logs and changes are completed.
• Implement storage and network solutions for secure and reliable management of data center systems.
• Installation of applications and other software.
• Proven experience in UNIX system administration, 7+ years.
• 2-7 years experience in SQL/T-SQL, Perl and Unix Shell programming, and computer networking.
• Medium ability in .NET C# programming.
GETPRO INTERNET SERVICES (Computer Software)
0000 - Present
Set up my own IT Company from home on a part time basis whilst still at college.Servicing existing web hosting clientele while establishing new business in both the private and corporate sectors. Responsible for development and deployment of Unix Servers for both private and corporate clientele. Diagnose and correcting hardware and software configuration issues. Deployment of 120 self- owned Dell servers into data centers located in London Docklands, while configuring UNIX based applications such as Apache, PHP, MySQL and any other related UNIX applications.Applied to RIPE for my own AS number and /23(512 IP range) and started routing with BGP4 and peering with open exchanges which already existed inside what was known as IP House(now owned by Fido) with my own routing equipment located in London, Docklands, Telia being my main global transit provider and Goscomb & Datahop being used mainly for partial routes within Europe.
MILTON KEYNES COUNCIL (-1)
Technical Services Adviser
0000 - Present
During College holidays through work experience initiative.Diagnose and problem solving numerous and varied technical issues with PC users within the Council. Involved in development and deployment of new systems and upgrades of software. Made adjustments and repairs to multiple servers located within the Council.
- Customer Service
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Office
- Solid Unix systems admin all distributions
- Strong TCP network knowledge
- VMware ESX
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Penetration Testing
- Cloud Computing
- IP CCTV
- DDoS Mitigation
- IP Transit
- Microsoft Visual Studio C++
- .NET Compact Framework
- IP VPN
- Reverse Engineering
- Bash scripting