Katherine C TorresCharlotte, North Carolina Area
Innovative Efficient Technology Savvy Executive Assistant
Extremely motivated Executive Assistant and Program Manager who has coordinated key business functions for more than 10 years for C-level executives. Looking for my next exciting opportunity were I can apply my experiences in helping executives achieve bu
Major: Leadership and Organizational Behaviorn; GPA: 3.6; Deans List- Fall 2013
Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine (Higher Education)
Program Manager/Executive Assistant
0000 - Present
PROGRAM MANAGER (2013-Present)EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT (2008-2013)Support an executive (Chief Medical Officer, Department Chair) in the Department of Emergency Medicine of a high profile medical school. Determine what issues should be presented to the executive, and what can be addressed at a lower level. Schedule meetings and ensure that the proper personnel attend. Make decisions regarding the executive’s schedule, speaking engagements, and fees. Track deadlines for senior leaders. Coordinate travel and lodging. Manage ad-hoc projects that involve productivity, outcomes, and quality. Maintain a dashboard that tracks a key aspect of P/L (billing and revenue) that impacts faculty compensation. Develop PowerPoint presentations that are delivered to the Board of Directors. Draft correspondence, including letters of recommendation. Edit and proofread the executive’s correspondence. Organized materials related to the executive’s service on professional boards. Maintain confidential records.
• Created a SharePoint site that was used to assemble a document needed to apply for a $1 million Federal grant.
• Managed HR component/on-boarding of 20 employees at an affiliated business (Lake Forest Hospital). Ensured mandatory orientation and training was completed.
• Assigned to a special project collecting data and documents needed to obtain funding for a program (Emergency Medical Systems) that are integral for providing emergency medical services and disaster planning at high profile public events.
• Frequently analyze and improve end-to-end processes and systems.
• Enhanced skills working with Excel and analyzing data.
• Promoted from a position as Administrative Assistant (2007-2008).
ABN AMRO (Banking)
Global Client Service Representative, Assistant Team Leader
0000 - Present
Addressed issues that involved multi-million dollar international funds transfers. Interacted with high profile clients (Fortune 500) in resolving problems. Analyze data and processes to identify solutions. Assisted in the supervision of a three person team that managed customer service.
• Demonstrated strong decision making skills in determining how funds would be transferred.
• Selected for a team that analyzed and enhanced core processes and implemented related training programs.
ABN AMRO NA (Nonprofit Organization Management)
Regional Business Office Manager, Executive Assistant
0000 - Present
Supported the Chief Technology Officer (CTO). Managed the executive’s expenses, calendar, and travel. Tracked budgets and spending across several categories. Research and identified causes of spending overruns. Directed staff when the executive was offsite. Supervised a team of administrative assistants. Processed documents needed for human resources and hiring. Coordinated annual employee reviews.
• Took on additional duties overseeing business offices in Michigan, New York, New Jersey, and Dubai.
• Promoted from positions as Project Assistant (2000-2002) and Administrative Assistant (1997-2000).
- Lotus Notes
- Program Management
- System Administration
- Process Improvement
- Software Documentation
- Project Planning
- Project Management
- Team Leadership
- Human Resources
- Customer Service
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Public Speaking
- Team Building
- Microsoft Office