Durham Business School
MBA (Knowledge, Innovation & Technology)
Association of Chartered Certified Accountants
EcoSecurities, JP Morgan Asset Management (AIMS IPO 2005, Acquired 2009) (Financial Services)
Manager of Global Business Reporting, Planning & Analysis, Business Systems
0000 - Present
Responsible for directing/managing the global planning, reporting, business modelling and analysis of a large high growth international project portfolio across 30-35 countries and lead the business partnership and development of the information strategy, policies and procedures, business processes, business tools, business models, reporting team and information systems within a dynamic, rapidly changing business environment and industry/market. Member of business’s critical Portfolio, Risk, Change Management and Data Committees.
• Transformed core business long term strategic forecasting, global planning and analysis , performance management and reporting through leading and business partnering the radical innovative development of a “10 year rolling daily” multi-dimensional forecast business intelligence model.
• Transformed EcoSecurities’ core sophisticated ERP and Trading Management systems, Data Warehouse and Information Systems and associated Business Processes, Policies and Procedures whicho Enabled business critical reporting to Board and Executive Management of management and forecasting information for the purposes of pro-active strategic, financial & commercial decision making upon the portfolio,o Enabled operational management in all our global offices to tactically project manage and track projects to deliver inventory for sale/trading as speedily and timely as requiredo “Passed” all rigorous internal and external audit scrutiny including that from JPM Morgan’s top team as part of their examination to ensure business exceeded tight internal control requirements.
• Delivered Consistently Relevant, Accurate, Timely, & Complex “Portfolio Performance and Risk Management Reporting, Forecasting, Business Modelling and Analysis” for over 5 years to the highest standards, deadlines and audit scrutiny as required for Board, Investors, Finance, JPM Morgan, Audit, Risk & Executive Management.
EcoSecurities (Renewables & Environment)
Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A)/Operations Finance Manager
0000 - Present
Responsible for transforming and directing/managing the financial planning and analysis, management accounting and development of the financial systems, business reporting tools, FP&A team, policies and procedures, financial processes and business models for a rapidly expanding AIMs listed business to 25 global offices.
• Led transformation “within 1 year” to all global offices of financial planning, budgeting and analysis policies, procedures, processes and business model enabling the foundations for the finances of a high growth company to be controlled.
• Transformed in “less than 6 months” EcoSecurities financial systems to all global offices along with financial policies, procedures and processes enabling financial control of the business to be attained.
• Transformed “EcoSecurities” business and financial reporting tools for use across the business in “less than 1 year” enabling executive, finance and operational management reporting to manage their finances against plans.
• Developed strategic and consolidated global budgeting and forecasting models within “2 months of IPO” to enable the “early pro-active” planning decisions, financial control and management required of a high growth AIMS listed business.
IBM (Information Technology and Services)
Senior Financial Performance Management Consultant
0000 - Present
Advising and business partnering with client engagements to implement strategic agendas which enabled them to address the changing organisational role of finance, better manage capital and profitability, increase visibility of and value of financial information, and maximise the benefits of technology.
• “BP” demerger engagement. Key member of consulting team to develop approach, costs and benefits, organisational options (E.g. outsourcing), SAP/Sun System implications, and implementation of the de-merger of a $15bn division
• “Delivery Logistics Organisation (DLO), MOD” cost reduction engagement. Successfully led consulting project team to engage, advise and recommend huge potential savings and business process improvements in their “Sea King” division, with application of activity-based-management techniques and business modelling.
- Acquisition Integration
- Emerging Growth Companies
- Business Analysis
- Strategic Financial Planning
- Financial Modeling
- Management Accounting
- Financial Reporting
- Business Process Improvement
- Business Modeling
- Business Intelligence
- IT Enabled Business Transformation
- Small Business IT Solutions
- Innovation Management
- Risk Management
- Project Management
- Change Management
- Performance Management
- Data Warehousing
- Strategic Planning
- IT Strategy
- Rapid Growth